We are seeking candidates for the following available positions:
Fiber Optic Splicer
- Be willing to go door to door 3 days a week in the summer and 1-2 days a week in the winter.
- Be highly motivated to close sales.
- Obtain new leads for marketing programs.
- Complete service orders for potential customers.
- Explain our plans and services to leads/customers.
- Input prospective customer information into web-based customer database.
- Schedule internet installations.
- Ensure a pleasant customer experience from beginning to end of sale.
- The ability to convert prospective customers into active customers is essential.
- Effective communication skills via face to face, phone, email.
- Experience with web-based sales management/customer service programs is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Google Earth is a definite plus.
(1 position available)
- Splice fiber optic cable to complete installation of underground and aerial fiber internet service.
- Use fiber fusion splicing machines, including mass fusion.
- Test cable to verify the correct strand is assigned and the splice is operational.
- Identify strand for assigned site and document installation for project as built.
- Track equipment and materials used on project to ensure accurate job costing and billing.
- Test fiber with OTDR’s, power meter and VFL.
- Be familiar with PON.
- Install, repair, and maintain voice, video and data cabling systems.
- Install various support structures including cable racks, pathways, raceways and other related structures, AV equipment, phone systems, paging systems, and cameras.
- Pull, terminate, and test CAT 5, CAT 6 and fiber optic cable.
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas.
- Conduct thorough inspections of cable lines to ensure the system is working properly.
- Provide professional and courteous customer service including meeting with customer to review projects and offering updates when required.
Linux Server Tech
- Proficient with the use of manual splicing and fiber fusion equipment.
- Experienced in locating, testing, and repair of underground and aerial fiber.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. and work from a ladder, and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a bucket truck, and to work in enclosed spaces
- Prior experience working with low voltage voice, video, and/or data cabling required.
- Knowledge of building construction trades and processes helpful.
- BICSI certification a plus.
- Experience with basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to identify different colors and knowledge of color codes.
- Ability to read construction prints and other engineering documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret the results of electronic testing equipment.
- (1 position available)
- Setup, config and support of core servers and related back end systems.
- Setup, config and support of co-located equipment
- Provide technical support to Sales Dept.
- At least 2 years of Linux experience with Red Hat, Debian or Ubuntu Server distributions.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Python or PHP programming experience a plus
- Firewall knowledge a plus
- VMware knowledge a plus
- Asterisk PBX systems knowledge a plus
- Windows Server experience a plus
- VLAN and routing knowledge a plus
- (1 position available)
- Setup config and support of VoIP phones and Asterisk PBX systems.
- Provide technical support to sales dept.
*1 year experience required.
Outside Plant Tech
- (2 positions available)
- Perform work in the operation of heavy equipment to trench holes for the burial of fiber optic lines.
- Must be able to work in all weather
- Must be able to follow procedures and safety standards.
- Must be able to perform physical activities for a full day.
- Previous work experience with heavy duty equipment preferred.
- (3 positions available)
- Install high speed wireless internet service to homes and business.
- Must be able to work at heights and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to operate electronic testers.
- Must be able to work effectively with the public.
All positions are full time with benefits, including health insurance, health savings accounts,
paid holidays, 5 vacation days + 1 per year, Simple IRA retirement with company match, company
provided Life Insurance, and Smart Phone. Work only in the mid-Michigan area. Typically M-F work
with some after hours and on-call rotation required.
Job candidates must be insurable to drive company vehicles, bondable and pass a drug test.
Casair is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Esta institucion es un proveedor
de servicios con iqualidad de oportunidades.
Submit any resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to bring it directly to the office.