We are seeking candidates for the following available positions:
All positions are full time with benefits, including health insurance, health savings accounts, paid holidays, 5 vacation days + 1 per year, Simple IRA retirement with company match, company provided Life Insurance, and Smart Phone. Work only in the mid-Michigan area. Typically M-F work with some after hours and on-call rotation required.
Field Engineer (Underground Fiber Optics)
- Locate, map and mark underground fiber optic cable drops.
- Locate, map and mark underground fiber optic cable mainline.
- Collaborate with Lead GIS Engineer and/or GIS Engineer to accurately quote fiber project costs.
- Collaborate with Engineering department to ensure ground crews are restoring the ground to its original condition.
Fiber Optic Splicer
- Experience in underground or utility construction related work preferred.
- Experience using electronic locating devices and GIS mapping software helpful.
- Ability to work well in unsupervised situations.
- Ability to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
- Splice fiber optic cable to complete installation of underground and aerial fiber internet service per engineering schematics and Work orders.
- Join two fiber optic cable ends with up to 144 strand count fiber cable..
- Test cable to verify the correct strand is assigned and the splice is operational.
- Identify strand for assign site and document installation for project as built..
- Track equipment and materials used on project to ensure accurate job costing and billing.
- Test fiber to locate breaks and repair breaks.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
Help Desk / Internet Support Technician
- Proficient with the use of manual splicing and fiber fusion equipment.
- Experienced in locating, testing, and repair of underground and aerial fiber.
- Able to lift 50lbs.and work from a ladder; operate a bucket truck; and work in enclosed spaces.
- First line support responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and supporting customers with Internet connectivity issues.
- Document details of customer calls within customer service database.
- Elevate customer concerns or problems to the next appropriate level of support within company.
- Monitor networks and respond to alerts.
- Assist Wireless Internet Installers with network signal tests.
- Working knowledge of PC's, routers and effective trouble shooting experience is preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Climb tower structures to mount, repair, and remove electronic equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of tower sites.
Structured Cabling Technician
- Experience working at heights.
- Ability to perform tower rescue procedures.
- Competent Climber and Tower rescue Certification preferred.
- Install, repair, and maintain voice, video, fiber and data cabling systems.
- Install various support structures including cable racks, pathways, raceways and other related structures.
- Install AV equipment, phone systems, paging systems, and cameras.
- Pull, route, and label CAT5, CAT6, and fiber optic cable.
VoIP Tech – (2 positions available)
- Prior experience working with low voltage voice, video, and/or data cabling required.
- Ability to work overhead from a ladder and in enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout work shift.
- Setup, configure, and support of VoIP phones and Asterisk PBX systems.
- Provide technical support for VoIP solutions to sales staff
- Maintain company phone system.
- Maintain hosted customer phone systems and resolve phone issues
- Maintain accurate documentation for customer VoIP services, including switch.
- Co-ordinate with accounting department to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Knowledge in sales engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience supporting VoIP services.
- Install high speed wireless internet service to homes and business.
- Must be able to work at heights and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to operate electronic testers.
- Must be able to work effectively with the public.
Job candidates must be insurable to drive company vehicles, bondable and pass a drug test.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Esta institucion es un proveedor de servicios con iqualidad de oportunidades.